Today we are going to tell you about of TOP 6 EXTRACT OF MP BOARD FRIENDS THESE EXXTRACT ARE VERY IMPORTANT SO READ AND SHARE IT ….
Top 6 important Extract of M.P.Board
Class -12 General English
Lesson – 1
Q.1. Read the following extract and answer the question given below.
- Teach me to listen Lord
To those nearest me
My family my friends, mf co-worker
Help me to be aware that
No matter what words I hear
The message is
Accept the Person I am, Listen to me .
Question. 1.Find out the words from the lines given above which:
- Has the similar meaning of the word ‘ attentive’. Ans. aware
- is the opposite of the word ‘ farthest’ . Ans. Nearest
- What message do those who are our nearest give us?
Ans. They give the message that they must be listened and must be accepted as they are.
- Teach me to listen , Lord
To those far from me
The whisper of the hopeless
The plea of the forgotten
The cry of the anguished
Q.1. Find out the words from the lines given above which:
- Has the same meaning as – ‘sever pain ’ Ans. Anguished
Q.2.The poet wants us to Listen to those
Ans. The poet wants us to Listen to those far from us .
Q.3. what does the poet request us?
Ans. He requests us to listen to the cry of those who are suffering .
Lesson – 4
Q.2. Read the following extract and answer the question given below.
- The wonderful air is over me,
And the wonderful wind is shaking the tree,
It walks on the water ,and whirls the mills,
And talks to itself on the top of hills.
Que :1.find out a word from the lines given above which :
(a) has meaning similar to ‘surprising’.
(b) has meaning similar to ‘moves’
2.on which objects does wind walk?
(2) . With the wonderful water round you curled
And the wonderful grass upon your breast
World, you are beautifully drest .
Que:1.What is great ,wide beautiful and wonderful.
2. What is there upon the world’s breast ?
3. Why does the poet call the world as beautifully drest?
Q.3. Read the following extract & answer the question given below.
This life is sweetest, in this wood, I hear no children cry for food,
I see no woman, white with care, No man, with muscles wasting here
Que: find out the word from the lines given above which:
- Has meaning similar to the word ‘forest’.
- Is opposite of the word ‘sourest’.
- Gives the same meaning of the word ‘shout’.
- Is the opposite of the word ‘white’.
- The name of the poet who wrote this poem is………
- What kind of life does the poet find in the Woods.
Lesson – 10
Q.4. Read the following extract & answer the question given below .
1.After unnumbered step of a hill-stair ,
I saw upon earth’s head brilliant with sun
The immobile Goddess in her house of stone ,
In a loneliness of meditating air.
Que:1.Find out the word which has the same meaning as ‘Shining’ And opposite of ‘mobile’.& brilliant.
- Where does the immobile Goddess live?
- When did the poet reach the temple.
- How many steps did the poet reach the temple. (2) wise were the human hands that set her there ,
Above the world and time’s dominion
The soul of all that lives calm, pure, alone.
Revealed its boundless self mystic and bare
.Question : 1 In the extract ‘her’ stand for :
- Goddess 2. Woman 3. Soul 4. World
- The word opposite in meaning of the word ‘noisy’ is : 1. Windy 2.pure 3.calm 4.disturbed .
- Give the name of the poem from which these lines have been taken.
Q.5. Read the following extract & answer the question given below .
But what am I?
Only a captive,
chained to the earth.
In silence I grow old,
In silence I wither and die,
And before long.
Nothing will remain of me.
But a handful of ash.
Questions: 1.Name the poem from which above extract has bee
2. Find the opposite word of noise in the above line. 3. What is the forest’s complaint about its life ?
Lesson – 16
Q.6. Read the following extract & answer the question given below .
(A) A policeman is a copper,
it’s a nickname (impolite)
Yet a copper in the kitchen ,
is an article you light.
Question : (A) The name of the poet as :
- W.B. Rands 2. W.H. Davies 3. Harry Hemsley 4. Anonymous
(B) What is a nickname ? A name given to a man given .
- In Joke 2. Impolite 3.to make him fun 4. Childhood name
(C) what is a copper in a kitchen ?
(B) A little journey is a trip ,
a trip is when you fall
It doesn’t mean you have to dance,
When ever you hold a ball .
Questions : (A) find out the words from these lines which mean the opposite of 1. Big 2. Great
(B) Ball is the thing of play and the other meaning of ball is .
(C) write down the two meaning of the word ‘Trip’.