Hello Friends ,
Today we are going to tell you about Grammar Tense Exercise Practice . so friends read and share it .all competitions exam also .Tense Exercise Practice.
Exercise on tenses-level-1
Q. Make the sentence with suitable forms of verbs given in the bracket.
- Simple present:-
- Buses (run) on this road erery hour.
- The old woman always (carry) a stick.
- When she (wash) the clothes?
- His son (go) to school regularly ?
- Why rives (freeze) at high altitudes ?
- The carpet (not match) the colour of the walls.
- The last bus normally (leave) at midnight.
- The workers (relax) at weekends.
- Children (not like study.
- He (engage) new workers every year?
- Present continuous:-
- She (not work),she (play) chess with her friends now,
- Shyam (sweep) the floor at the moment ?
- Why you (make) pudding ? someone (come) for dinner ?
- She still (sing) ?
- Why you (speak) so fast ? you (speak) wrong.
- Our team (not take) part in the competition next
- That movie (run) in the local cinema now-a-days.
- She can’t open the door because she (put on) the clothes.
- What teacher (teach ) now? He (teach) history.
- We (have) lunch at 2.00 tomorrow as Ram (catch) a noon train.
- Simple past:-
- We (hear) a terrifying news last night.
- They (celebrate) their success two days ago.
- When he (see) the play at the theatre last Sunday ?
- The police (catch) the decoit at 9:00 p.m.
- Seema (not find ) her lost book an hour before.
- Why she (spend) a lot ofmoney on shopping in shimla ?
- Shyam (inherit ) his father’s business after his father’s death.
- His train (not arrive) at 8:00 at the station yesterday.
- He (send) his clothes to the laundry for washing yesterday.
- My teacher (write) a book last year.
- Past continuous:-
- We started back home from the party while it (get) dark.
- The month bring very hot, a lot of people (plan) to leave for Goa.
- The bus in which pilgrims (travel) met with a horrifying accident.
- My cousin wear sandals byt when I last saw him he (wear) boots.
- As she (climb) the stairs, she slipped and fell off it.
- He did not come because he (attend ) a meeting next day.
- She left study because (marry) that year.
- The labourer had a bad fall while he (repair) the roof.
- When I went to see my mother, she (sleep) that moment.
- She (sweep) the floor when I called on her.
- Present perfect:-
- In the movie we just now (see) the most extraordinary scene.
- This is the best book I ever (read).
- How long you (know) him ?
- There are no taxies available because the drivers (go) on the strike lately.
- She just (make) some tea. Will you have a cup ?
- Vinay (mend) the punctured tyre of his car yet.
- The police (arrest ) thief so far and the residents are displeased.
- You ever (ride) a horse ? riding is a good exercise.
- He (believed) it at all along.
- This house (belong) to me since my birth.
- After the guest (leave) we did the washing.
- She (type) all the material by last evening.
- We (finish) shopping bevore it started raining.
- He already (leave)hospital when I called on him.
- She was not present because she (leave)office when her boss called her.
- After she (get) married , she gave up modeling.
- He already (know) him for two years.
- People did not believe him because he (lose) credibility.
- He could not become a government servant because he (take) part in political activities in his collage days.
- Many students (arrive) by the time the match began.
- I (met) my friend tomorrow.
- You (join) next year.
- I am sure he (come) in time for the class.
- You (speak) English after another two months of hand work.
- Our college (break) up for Diwali next week.
- He (arrive) next month.
- He (help) me.
- My tailor (stich) my dress tomorrow.
- He (take)dinner with us tonight.
- He (borrow) money from the bank for his daughter’s marriage.
- He (work) for Mr. Kapoor next week as his own assistant is aspected to be away.
- In as few years time we all (live)in multi-storeyed houses.
- We (behave) ourselves in school today as our principal’s mood is very upset now a days.
- My brother (not drink) at the party tonight as my mother is likely to be present there.
- He surely (smoke ) if you visit his room now.
- You should finish your tea immediately because your father (think) where you are.
- Richa (cook) food when her friend arrives.
Future Perfect :-
- We’ll still be in this school next year but Veena (leave) by then.
- At the rate he is studying, he (qualify) by next year.
- The ship (leave) before we reach the harbour.
- If he continues with his exercises he (lose) 10kg. by the end of this month.
- The teacher (finish) all the syllabus by the end of the year.
- If we don’t hurry, the train (leave) before we reach the station.
- By the time the chief guest arrives they (finish) the cultural programme.
- By next year he (finish) writing his autobiography.
- When you reach there, he (take) bath yet.
Time Expression – Present, Past & Future Perfect Continuous.
- She (know) me since 1980.
- For the last 10 years he (work) in this factory.
- Throughout the jouney he (eat) something or the other and is now feeling sick.
- For the last three years he (study) in the same class.
- How long they (stay) in this house ?
- Neena (not eat) nutritious food since morning.
- The whole day long he (sit) at home and (read) book yesterday.
- It (rain) for two days now.
- His radio (play) since 8 a.m. The neighbours are getting disturbed.
- How long you (wait) for the train. ? I have been waiting for about an hour.
Tense Exercise Practice
Exercise on tenses-level-1