Today we are going to tell you Tense Exercise for competitive exam so friends read and share it if you like this blogs Tense Exercise for competitive exam
Tense Exercise for competitive exam
1. He _____the letter a minute ago. (tear)
2. Whenever I _____to see him, he was out. (go)
3. She habitually _____ late. (come)
4. Peter _____ a car next year. (buy)
5. He _____ the train an hour ago. (miss)
6. It _____ when I looked out of the window.(rain)
7. When I entered the cinema hall, the film already _____. (begin)
8. When my father arrived, we _____ television.(watch)
9. She _____ the piano for years. (learn)
10. I wish I _____ the C.M. of Bihar. (be)
11. I reached home after the sun _____. (set)
12. Had she told me every thing I _____her much.(help).
13. If I were a king I _____ happy. (be)
14. After you _____ I went to sleep. (go)
15. The college _____ in July every year. (reopen)
16. If I were a nightingale I _____ day and night.(sing)
17. She said that she _____ do the work. (can)
18. He asked me what my name _____. (be)
19. He _____ born in 1980. (be)
20. We _____ in this house for 20 years. (live)
21. He speaks as if he knows every thing.
22. It is high time we return home.
23. He told me that he will go home.
24. They lived in Delhi since 1950.
25. He would succeed if he tries.
26. If he has laboured hard, he would have passed.
27. Had she told me everything clearly, I would lend her some money.
28. Three years passed since my father died.
29. I have been knowing him for the last five years.
30. He said that the earth moved round the sun.
31. She has arrived here yesterday.
32. I am here since 1992.
33. He has been ill since ten days.
34. We had gone to Katmandu last month.
35. She has come here two days ago.
36. He already gave me a book.
37. He will go to Patna last month.
38. He talks as if he is my friend.
39. If they left early, they would have caught the train.
40. The teacher wanted to know why I am late.
41. The child (a)/ picked up a burned paper (b)/ from the street. (c)/ No error. (d).
42. Never did this exhibition of contempt and anger ceased (a)/ so long as British rule remained (b)/ a live thing in India. (c)/ No error (d).
43. The teacher was angry (a)/ when he found that (b)/ you are not there (c)/ No error (d).
44. When I went (a)/ to Manohar’s house, (b)/ his mother told me (c)/ that he was gone out of the country (d)/ No error. (e)
45. When he went out (a)/ he left the radio on (b)/ so that his parents shall think (c)/ that he was still in the house (d)/ No error (e).
46. I shall not forgive (a)/ unless (b)/ you do not apologise to me (c)/ No error. (d)
47. (a)/ He got to the top (b)/ and was very disappointed (c)/ when he found that (d)/ someone else has reached it first. (e)/ No error.
48. (a)/ You are learning English (b)/ for the last one year (c)/ but you show (d)/ no improvement whatsoever. (e)/ No error.
49. (a)/ We had swam (b)/ across (c)/ the river before (d)/ the sun set. (e)/ No error.
50. (a)/ Our school would (b)/ have won the match (c)/ if only we (d)/ would have concentrated. (e)/ No error.
1. Tore 2. Went 3. Comes 4. Will buy
5. Missed 6. was raining 7. Had already begun 8. Were Watehing
9. Has been learning 10. Were 11. Had set 12. Would have
13. Would be 14. Had gone 15. Reopens 16. Would sing
17. Could 18. Was 19. Was 20. Have lived/have been living
21. He speaks as if he knew everything.
22. It is high time we returned.
23. He told me that he would go home.
24. They have/have been living in Delhi Since 1950.
25. He will Succeed if he tries.
26. If he had labored hard, he would have passed.
27. Had she told me everything clearly, I would. have lent her some money.
28. Three years have passed since my father died.
29. I have known him for the last five years.
30. He said that the earth moves round the sun.
31. She arrived here yesterday.
32. I have been here Since 1992.
33. He has been ill for ten days.
34. We went to Kathmandu last month.
35. She came here two days ago.
36. He has already given me a book.
37. He went to Patna Last month.
38. He talks as if he were my friend .
39. If they had left early, they would have caught the train.
40. The teacher wanted to know why I was late.
41. (b) 42. (a) 43. (c) 4. (d) 45. (c) 46. (c)
47. (d) 48. (a) 49. (a) 50. (b)
Tense Exercise for competitive exam