Today we are going to tell you about High school teacher (Verg – 1 ) English Literature Syllabus for English Literature Verg-1
Verg – 1
Part – A
- Use of Articles , Prepositions, conjunction , verb,,modals , adverbs, tenses , finite- non finite clauses , determiners , Prefix & Suffix ,Number ,Gender , Pronouns
- Transformation of Sentences active to passive voice ,direct to indirect narration , .
- Vocabulary ,opposites , synonyms, one word substitution , Homonyms.
- Reading comprehension, Unseen passage , Notemaking
Part – B
- Jane Austen – Pride and Prejudice.
- Charles Dickens – A Tale of two cities.
- Indian : Anita Desai – Bye Bye Blackbird.
- Khushwant Singh – The Potrait of lady
- Bernard Shaw – Arms and the Man
- William Shakespeare -The Tempest , Hamlet
- Indian : Rabindranath Tagore – The Poet and Pauper . Gitanjali , True worship
- P.B.Shelly- ode to skylark
- Indian : Sarojini Naidu – The Broken Wings,
- Rabindranath Tagore – Song No – 1 of the Gitanjali , Words Worth I Wandered Lonely as a cloud.
- William Wordsworth – The World is too much with us , Tables Turned , the solitary Reaper /
- Robert Frost – after Apple picking , The Road not taken , Stopping by woods on a snowy evening
- Robert Browning – The Last Ride together
- Francis Bacon – Of Studies ,Of Friendship ,William Hazlit Fathers letter ,
- Charles Lamb – Dream Children
- Indian : Jawaharlal Nehru – Teenage , Discovery of India , Nirad Chand Chaudhuri- My Mother
Figures of Speech and forms of poetry:
- Figures of speech – Simile , metaphor ,personification , paradox ,irony
- forms of poetry – sonnet ,ode , lyric , elegy, satire
- Indian writing in English.
Short story :
- R.K.Narayan – Swami and Friends , Novel – The Guide
- Mulk Raj Anand – The Lost Child
Friends Rad this syllabus and contect to study for –
Rangrej ki Gali Roxy Kampoo Lashkar Gwalior
Call us – 07354030776
Syllabus English Literature Verg-1