Today we are going to tell you about Some important Park & Sanctuaries National Parks / Sanctuaries friends reads and share it its very useful to all competitions exam.Tiger & Elephant Project
Rare species of National Parks / Sanctuaries : –
National Parks / Sanctuaries State/Area Rare Species
1. Manas Wildlife Assam – Barpeta Elephant ,Rhinoceros , Wild Buffalo ,
Sanctuary Indian Bison (Gaur) ,Pig , Golden Langur ,tiger ,Leopar, Bear , Aligator ,Python , Giant Squirrel ,Pigmy hog , Hrispid hare,
- Kaziranga National Park Assam – Jorhat One – horn Rhinocerous.
- Dhragandhara Gujarat ‘Ghurkahr’ extinct species of wild asses.
- Keibul – Lamjao Manipur Brow antlered deer , water fowl.
- Gir National Park Gujarat Asiatic Lion
- Desert Sanctuary Rajasthan Black Buck , Chinkara , Godavan
- Kanchanjunga Sikkim Red Panda , Snow Leopard, Clouded
National Park Leopard, Thar Musk Deer.
- Vedanthangal Tamilnadu Many Species of water birds
Water Bird Sanctuary
- Simplipal National Orissa – Mayurbhanj Tiger, Gaur ,Cheetal ,Leopard, flying
Park Squirrel, Crocodile.
- Bhitarkanika Wild Orissa- Baleshwar Salt Water Crocodile, Monitor Lizard ,
Life Sanctuary Leopard , water birds,Ridley Turtle,sea-fishing cat.
- Dachingam Jammu & Kashmir Leopard ,Black Bear ,Brown Beara
National Park ( Srinagar) Serav , Muskdeer , Hangul
- Dudhwa National Lakhimpur Khiri Tiger ,Leopard ,Sloth bear, Swamp
Park ( Uttar Pradesh) Deer,Sambhar ,Cheetal Wild Cock, Titar .
- Keoladeo Ghana Rajasthan Siberian Creanes ,stork , Sambhar
National Park ( Bharatpur) Cheetal ,Black Buck Civet cat.
- Pinvalley National Himachal Pradesh Snow Leopard , Wild goat , Ibex.
- Jim Corbett Uttrakhand Panda Tiger ,Elephant etc.
Tiger and Elephant Project : –
Tiger Project was started in 1973 in the country . Its main objective is to protect and conserve the tiger. There are 27 tiger reserves in the country. To protect and conserve elephants, elephant project was started 14 elephant projects are running in the country.
Biosphere Reserves –
Biosphere reserves are established in the country to conserve the ecosystem and preserve the biological diversity . 14 Biosphere reserves have been established in the country.
Rare species of National Parks / Sanctuaries
Some important Park & Sanctuaries