Today we are going to tell you some important extract of class 9th special english lesson -4 poem New Past and Present friends read and share it ..4.Past and Present
Class – 9 EM
Lesson – 4 Poem (Past and Present )
Q.1. Read the extracts from the poem carefully and answer the question given under them:
I remember ,I remember
The house where I was born
The little window where the sun
Came peeping in at morn;
He never came a wink soon
Nor brought too long a day
But now I often wish the night
Had borne my breath away.
- Why does the poet remember the ‘house’?
- What does ‘too soon’ and ‘too long’ refer to ?
- What does the poet desire?
- Find out the lines which express the beauty of the Sun- Shine.
- Name the Poem.
- Write the antonym of ‘always’
- The poet remembers the house because he was born there.He remembers the little window where the morning sunlight entered in the
- ‘too soon’ and ‘ too long ‘ refer to the exact time..
- The poet desires that he should pass away in a night.
- The lines are –
Where the sun
Came peeping in at morn.
- Past and Present
4.Past and Present part -1 extract
4.Past and Present
New Past and Present