Today we are going to tell you about of class -12 EM of Lesson -1 INVOCATION ( मंगलाचरन ) translated FROM Atharva Veda friends its very useful lesson so read and share it if you like INVOCATION ( मंगलाचरन )
LESSON – 1
INVOCATION ( मंगलाचरन )
1. Let us have concord (मित्रता) with our own (स्वम)people ,
And concord with people who are strangers( अजनवी ) to us;
Asvins (द्विदेव ), create (रचना ) between us and the strangers
a unity of hearts.(संवेदना )
- Who does ‘us’ in the first line refer o?
- …………… has been made to unite the whole people .
- Find a word which means ‘ cordiality’.
- what should we creat between us and the strangers?
- Worldly People
- An invocation
- we should create a unity of hearts between us and the strangers.
2. May we unite in our minds unite in our purposes ,
and not fight against the divine spirit within us.
Let not the battle- cry rise amidst many stain,
nor the arrows of the War – God fall with the break of the day.
1. what sort of unity does the first line refer to ?
2. we should not fight against ………………….
3. find a word which means same as ‘to kill’.
4. what should we not let rise?
- The poet talks about the unity of minds and purposes. Our actions should reflect our soulful mind.
- the divine spirit within us .
- we should not let the battle – cry rise amidst many slain. We should control the situations leading to war and fights.
Some Important Questions
Lesson – 1
Q. Answer the following question.
Q.1. Who are the Asvins?
Ans. Asvins are the dual gods who symbolise perfect unity of the natives and the strangers.
Q.2.what does ‘concord’ mean?
Ans. ‘Concord’ means ‘friendship and peace among people and countries.
Q.3. Why does the speaker invoke the gods-Asvins?
Ans. Asvins are the dual god who symbolise perfect unity of the natives and the strangers. The poet here , while making invocation for unity , invokes the gods Asvins in order to establish perfect concord and harmony between our countrymen and the foreigners.
Q.4. Why does the speaker not want the battle cry to be raised?
Ans. The poet here intends to establish peace in the world. He wishes for the unity among people by having concord among ourselves and also with the aliens. He denigrates them because they are the vital causes for all ruins. People are victimised . .Battles never resolve any problem but add many more, leaving a lot of unanswered questions and unending cries without end. we have already suffered a lot . Any more cry will finish us completely. Hence we should make efforts to resolve our differences by peaceful ways.
Q.5.How does the speaker wish to achive concord ?
Ans. This poem is an invocation for the establishment of concord in world. First ,we should have concord with our own people and then with the strangers. Here ‘own people’ refers to our countrymen with whom we live and share all our joys and sorrows. All the time they are with us . Then we should have a state of peace with the strangers the aliens who contribute to our global vision. We can achieve this by resolving our disputes through peaceful ways because battles only ruin us and we should condemn them.
Q.6. which are the two kinds of people referred to in the verse?
Ans. The first type refers to our countrymen while the other refers to foreign people.
INVOCATION ( मंगलाचरन )