Today we are going to tell you about of Revision Test paper for HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION . so friends read and share it
HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION
Time : 3 Hours MM : 100
Instruction : –
- All questions are compulsory.
- Marks allotted to the question are written in the right hand margin.
- Read the instruction carefully and do carefully.
Q.1 Read the following passage carefully and answer the question given below :(15)
Ecology teaches us the interdependence of all life forms. Yoga goes a step further and teaches us the unity of all forms.
With the wider and deeper understanding of Ecology man has come to understand his link with nature better . he has shed hisanthropocentric arrogance . it is hoped that he will take a step further and come to Amrit of yoga as many ecologists have already done.
Sir Jagdish Chandra Bose noted the ability of plants to react to its environs. That was in the 1920. After his demise the research was given up . it was left to the modern day scientist to produce irrefutable proof that plants cannot only establish yoga with living things around them , including man , but also can read our minds and intentions. Clever Backster says, “ There is no doubt in my mind that we are all one.”Most of the top scientists of the world echo these scientists , or rather this conviction. All say, “ we are unity”. And in the spectrum of we every living thing on this earth is included. The language of the hoary yogis may be unintelligible, the ground they trod may be terra incognita to us . Now , however, scientist are speaking in a scientific parlance, which we can comprehend. But shall we even heed them ? we have the various traditional paths to yoga,karma yoga, Tantra yoga and other s . for the scientifically inclined modern man , a new path has been discovered. Let us name it Ecology Yoga.
- what does Yoga teach us?
- What is expected of man ?
- What was observed by J.C.Bose ?
- Why was Bose’s research given up ?
- Mention the two things that plants can do .
- Name the various traditional paths of yoga.
- Give the antonyms of :
(i) arrogance (ii) include (iii) traditional
Q.2 Read the passage carefully and answer the question give below it :(10)
` Books are by far the most lasting products of human effort. Temples fall into ruin, pictures and statues decay, but books survive, time does not destroy the great thoughts which are as fresh today as when they first passed through their author’s minds ages ago . what was then thought and said still speaks to us as vividly as ever from the printed pages. The only effect of time has been to throw out of currency the bad products, for nothing in literature can long survive but what is really good. Books introduce us into the best society, they bring us into the presence of the greatest minds that have ever lived. We hear what they said and did , we see them as if they were really alive, we sympathise with them enjoy with them and grieve with them . in a way we move in their company and their Experiences becomes ours, without books no fresh ideas are possible and with out fresh ideas no cultured society is possible. No wonder that world keeps its books with great care.
- Read the passage carefully, make notes on it and supply a suitable
- Do as directed :
- write the verb form of the word ‘Product’.
- Give the opposite word of ‘ ruin’.
- Find out the word from the passage that gives the meaning ‘attempt’.
HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION
Q.3 with the help of the words given below, produce a write up on how you celebrated your birthday in 40-50 words. 
(i) My date of birth
(ii) The programme
(iii)Greetings by friends and relatives
- Cutting of the birthday cake
- Dishes and cultural programme
Produce a write up on ‘Getting Ready for school’ with the help of the following hints :
- Get –up in the morning
- Check home work
- Dress up
- School Bag
- Lunch box
- Start for school.
Q.4 .with the help of the words given below an articles on the ‘Power of Education’ for your school magazine in about 80-100 words. 
Write an essay on any one of the following topics in about 250 words :
- Any great leader.
- My favourite Game.
- News paper
- Computer – The perfect solution for 21st
- wonder of science
Q.5 write a letter of complaint against the postman of your area. (5)
Write a letter to your friend Vijay congratulating him on his brilliant success in the exams
Q.6 write an application to your principal requesting him to allow you offer faculty subjects instead of science subject. (4)
write an application to your principal to issue you course books from the Book Bank
HALF YEARLY EXAMINATION
Q.7 Do as directed. (Any seven)(7)
- we did it . (Change into Negative)
- we are collecting stamps. (Change the voice)
- lend/ could/please/you/me/pen/your? (Rearrange the words to make a meaningful sentence )
- There is possibility of rain late night (Rewrite using a modal)
- Gwalior is not as big as Bhopal( Rewrite using comparative degree)
- Rewrite the sentences using ‘unless’ in place of ‘if’:
If you come to me , I will help you.
7.combine the sentence using ‘so….that’
(i) he was very tired.
(ii) he could not walk.
8………Knowledge is a dangerous thing .( A Little/the little/Little)
9.Gold is …. Useful metal. (A,An ,the)
10. The tiger jumped …the stag.(on /upon)
11.Please wait here …I come back. (when/ till/ as)
Q.8 Read the poem extract and answer the question below it : (4)
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler , long I stood
And looked down as far as I could
- Name the poet and the
- Count how many words represent number in the given lines
- Diverged means….
Go not to the temple to pray on bended knees,
First bend down to lift someone who is downtrodden
- Name the poet and the poem.
- What does downtrodden mean?
- Temple is the place of worship for ……..
Q.9 Answer the following questions : (Any three) (9)
- Who are the ‘down -trodden’? what can we do to lift them up ?
- why did the poet decide to opt for the other road?
- why does the poet describe sea as sleepless?
4.what do the two roads signify?
Q.10 Answer the following questions : (Any six) (12)
- who are the two defeated in the world?
- what is worse than failure?
- Why does the sheep feel secure?
- why is the Giant in the story called selfish?
- why did they flee ?
- what is the ‘chandle wobble’?
- why did Lencho ask for help from God?
- Who are the Indra and Yama?
Q.11 Answer the following questions: (Any two) (10)
1.why did spring not come to the Giant’s garden?
2.” True faith and devotion is the key to success.” Eleborate this statement keeping in view the story of Lakshmi.
3.what is the traveller’s justification when he doubts that he would return to take the ‘first’ road?
Q.12 (A) Match the words given in Column ‘A’ and Column ‘B’ with their meanings and rewrite: (4)
1.KingBhoj 1.little boy
(B)Choose the correct alternative and rewrite : (6)
1. King Bhoj was the worshipper of Goddess –
(a) Laxmi (b) Durga (c) Saraswati (d)Parvati
2.Abraham Lincoln wrote the letter to
(a) his son (b) his father (c) his friend (d) his son’s teacher
3.The little boy in the story ‘The Selfish giant ‘ was –
(a)Demon (b)Jesus Christ (c)Bishop (d)none of the above.
4.in the lesson ‘Dear teacher ‘ , who is the writer of the lesson-
(a) William Blake (b) Robert Frost (c) Mahatma Gandhi (d)Oscar wilde.
5.who did not come to the Giant ‘s Garden?
(a)Rain (b) cool (c)Spring (d)winter.
6.the captain of the ship lies on the –
(earth (b) ocean (c) deck ) (d) a Worshipper
—————- Best of Luck ——————————