Hello Friends ,
Today we are going to tell you about Goodbye Party For Miss Pushpa T.S. – Extract friends read and like Share it
Lesson – 3
Goodbye Party For Miss Pushpa T.S.
– By Nissim Ezekiel
Special English – 12 th
Q.1. Read the following stanzas carefully and answer the questions that follow them .
Our dear sister is
departing for foreign
in two – three days and
We are meeting today
to wish her bon voyage ( जलयान )
1.Whom does the first line refers to ?
- ………… is departing for foreign.
- Find a word which means same as ‘ happy journey’?
- Why are they meeting there?
- The Audience or the friends of the poetare referred to in the first line.
- The poet’s Sister
- Bon Voyage has a same meaning as a ‘happy journey’.
- They are meeting there to wish for a happy journey to his sister Miss Pushpaa.
2. Miss Pushpa is coming
from very high family.
Her father was renowned advocate
in Bulsar or Surat,
I am not remembering now which place.
- Who belongs to a very high family?
- What does the last line refer to ?
- Find a word from the above stanza which is opposite in meaning to ‘ infamous’?
- Who was a renowned advocate?
- Miss Pushpa belongs to a very high family.
- The last line refers that the poet exactly doesn’t remember to which place Miss Pushpa’s father belongs.
- ‘Renowned’ has a opposite meaning to ‘ infamous’.
- Miss Pushpa’s father was a renowned advocate.
3. Whatever I or anybody is asking
She is always saying yes ,
and today she is going
to improve her prospect
and we are wishing her bon voyage.
- Find a word from the above stanza which is similar in meaning to ‘develop’
- The audience is meeting to wish her ………
- What does she say when anyone asks her for anything?
- Why is she going to foreign?
- Improve has similar meaning to ‘develop’.
- Bon voyage.
- She always says ‘yes’ when anyone asks her for anything.
- She is going to foreign to improve her prospect.