Today we are going to tell you about GENERAL ENGLISH PEB Exam friends read and share it more ..
Topic:- GENERAL ENGLISH PEB Exam
Q.1. Choose the option that best expresses the meaning of the highlighted idiom/phrase:
I cannot stand on ceremony with my friends.
- like ceremonies
- get personal
- avoid being invited
- be formal
Correct Answer :be formal
Q.2. A sentence with an underlined word is given below. Choose the correct option which is closest in meaning to the underlined word:
Aera lengthy argument all of us reached a consensus.
Correct Answer :agreement
Q.3. Out of the following options, choose the most appropriate usage to fill in the blank:
India’s strategy for double digit economic growth in the 11th Plan period is predicted ______ a minimum 4% growth in the agriculture sector.
- in the expectaon through
- in expectaon of
- on the expectaon cross
- on the expectaon over
Correct Answer :in expectaon of
Q.4. Out of the following options, choose the most appropriate tense that best fills in to complete the given sentence:
He _________ when he _________ the scholarship.
- was disappointing, did not win
- was disappointed, did not won
- was disappointed, did not win
- had been disappointed, has not win
Correct Answer :was disappointed, did not win
Q.5. Out of the following options, choose the correct form of adverb for the given sentence:
This is ______ the me to raise such quesons.
- so oen
Correct Answer :scarcely
Q.6. Out of the following options, choose the correct form of verb that is in agreement with the subject for the given sentence:
These largely treeless isles _____ frequently battered by Atlantic storms, gales and rain.
- has been
Correct Answer :are
Q.7. Out of the following four options, choose the incorrect sentence:
1. How many food should I order for the lunch of the client being planned for tomorrow?
- He put on his duﬀel cap, clutched his trench coat ght and went out into the howling wind.
- The kidnappers had planned to demand a ransom of Rs. 2 lakhs aer two days.
- Christmas is round the corner and Chrisans round the world are preparing for the fesvies.
Correct Answer :How many food should I order for the lunch of the client being planned for tomorrow?
Q.8. Arrange the sentences P, Q, R and S to form a logical sequence between sentences 1 and 6.
1. An octopus appears to be just a huge head with eight long, fearful arms.
P. Its mouth is on the underside of its body.
Q. Its head is soft like rubber and its eyes stick out on stalks so that it can see in all directions.
R. It has powerful jaws shaped like a beak.
S. The long arms or tentacles have double rows of suckers which can fasten into objects.
6. They fasten into objects with such immense force that they cannot be pulled off.
Correct Answer :QPRS
GENERAL ENGLISH PEB Exam