Today we are going to tell you about Crops Variety & Green Revolution so friends read and share it more
In Madhya Pradesh improved varieties of different crops have been developed. Improved variety means such variety of crops which are produced in large quantity and which are more resistant against diseases and pests. Some of improved crops of Madhya Pradesh such as wheat , Maize ,Paddy etc.
Wheat Sujata ,Sharbati , Vidisha G.W.273 , MP4010
Paddy J.R. 75 , Kranti
Maize Jawahar Makka – 08 , Jawahar Makka- 12
Gram J.G. -11 , J.G. – 74 , j.G. – 75
Soyabean JS 90-41 , JS- 80-81 , Js – 355 , JS -9560 , JS -9041 , JS -8021
Types Of Farming : —
- General Farming
- Specific farming
- Dry Farming
- Mixed farming
- Irrigated farming
Systems of Farming : —
- Collective farming
- Co – operative farming
Contribution of Government agencies in Agricultural development –
In 1966-67 a new era was started due to a technological change by green revolution for the improvement of agriculture in India .
Green Revolution –
Green Revolution means rapid increase in agricultural production by the use of seeds of high yielding variety, chemical fertilizer and new technology. The impact of g Green Revolution in India is visible in the form of increased food grain production. Adoption of high yielding variety of seeds in increasing in Indian agriculture. Increase in production of wheat and rice in Punjab , Haryana ,Uttar Pradesh ,Gujarat , Tamil Nadu ,Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is due to the adoption of seeds of H.Y.V. Characteristics of Green Revolution are as follows –
- Use of high yielding variety seeds
- Use of chemical fertilizers
- Use of pesticides
- Extension of agricultural machinery , tools and implements
- Extension of small and medium irrigation projects
- Use of New techniques for soil conservation
- Fixation of support price of agricultural products
- Encouragement to agricultural research and soil testing
- To improve good facilities for agricultural marketing .
- Extention of finance and loan facilities for agriculture.
Crops Variety & Green Revolution