Today we are going to tell you After Apple – picking Extract . friends its very useful to exam. this lesson After Apple – picking Extract come in board exam so its very important to exam study materials . friends if you like this post so you share it more and more to get high marks in board exam.After Apple – picking Extract .
After Apple –Picking
– Robert Frost
Special English – 12th
Extract – 1
My long two – pointed ladder’s sticking through a tree
Toward heaven still ,
And there’s a barrel that I didn’t fill
Beside it , and there may be two or three
Apples I didn’t pick upon some bough ( शाखा )
But I am done with apple – picking now.
Essence of winter sleep is on the night,
The scent of apple : I am drowsing off ( उघना )
I cannot rub the strangeness from my sight
I got from looking through a pane of glass. ( काँच का टुकड़ा )
- What action of the poet does the first line refer to ?
- ……… of winter sleep is on the night.
- Find a word which means the same as ‘sleepy’.
- What can the poet not rub from his sight?
- The act of ‘Apple – picking ‘ is referred to in the first line.
- ‘Drowsing’ means the same as ‘sleepy’.
- The poet cannot rub strangeness from his sight.
Extract – 2
Of load on load of apples coming in .
For I have had too much
Of apple –picking: I am overtired
Of the great harvest I myself desired.
There were ten thousand thousand fruit to touch,
- What does the first line refer to ?
- ……. : I am
- What did the poet desire?
- Find a word that means same as ‘wished’.
- The first line it refers to the piling of apples.
- Of apple – picking
- The poet desired for so much harvest , that there were ten thousand to touch.
- ‘Desired’ means same as ‘ Wished;.