Use of some important Prepositions
1.At : – (1) At used before a limited space or time.
Ex – 1. He lives at Kampoo.
2.she will come at 6 o’ clock.
Note : – we use at noon , at night in recognized division of the day.
(2) At used in village or colony name –
Ex – 1. I live at Banwar ,
- He live at Pathak colony.
(3) We use it in Definate Position and with time.
Ex – 1. He get up at 5 o’clockin the morning.
- My brother will return at the end of one hour.
(4) we use in big town where we stay some time –
Ex – 1.on my tour to Bombay , I shall stay at Jhansi.
(5) to show rate –
Ex – 1. The oranges are selling at a high rate.
(6) to show time.-
Ex – 1. At day break ,at sunrise , at noon ,at night , at midnight.
(7) to show age-
Ex 1. She got married at twenty.
(8) at used to – Christmas –
Ex –we purchased this ccar at Christmas
(9) at used to special place to show the direction-
Ex – Look at the black board.
(10) at used for hour-
Ex – I shall come at 5 PM.
- In : – (1) In used before countries , large town and a period of time.
Ex- 1. They live in M.P. 2.They live in Gwalior
(2)In used month , years , Parts of the day , seasons.
Ex – 1 In January 2. in 2015
- in the morning 4. in summer
(3) it show the tomarrow time.
Ex – 1. He will come in a week.
- Ram will come to see me in three days.
Note : – In and at used befor immoveable.
Ex – 1. He is in the room. 2. He is at the top.
(4) to show finished work.
Ex – 1.I shall finish this work in two hours.
(5) few time running
Ex – 1. She was married in February.
2.he went to England in 2016
- he goes for a walk in the morning.