HELLO FRIENDS ,
TODAY I AM GOING TO TELL YOU ABOUT SPECIAL ENGLISH WORK BOOK 12…………………..
Q.1. Pick the odd one out.
Words odd word
A syllable is a unit of one or more speech sound either vowel or consonant. It constitutes a word singly or in multiple numbers.
For example –
One syllable – Boy ,Girl ,school.
Two syllable –Teacher ,Student ,subject.
Three syllable – Principal ,discipline ,department.
Four syllable –Recognition , development , mathematics.
Five syllable – examination , assimilation , environmental.
- Boy Boy
- Girl Girl
- School School
- Teacher Teach-er
- Subject Sub-ject
- Student Stu-dent
- Principal Prin-ci-pal
- Discipline Di-sci-pline
- Department De-part-ment
- Recognition Re-cog-ni-tion
- Development De-ve-lop-ment
- Mathematics Ma-the-ma-tics
- Examination E-xa-mi-na-tion
- Assimilation A-ssi-mi-la-tion
- Environmental En-vi-ron-men-tal
- Activity Ac-tiv-ity
- Between Be-t-ween
- Notebook Note-book
- Arrangement A-rrange-ment
- Economics E-co-no-mics
- Engineering En-gi-nee-ring
- Strange S-tran-ge
- Refreshment Re-fresh-ment
- Photographic Pho-to-gra-phic
- Sensational Sen-sa-tio-nal
Q.2 . Give the American English variants of the following British English sentences.
1.Have you seen him? Ans. Did you see him ?
2.Rina has done a good job. Ans. Rina did a good job.
3.Hasn’t he just finished? Ans. Didn’t he just finish?
4. we have already eaten . Ans.we already ate.
5. Have you got a mobile phone? Ans.did you get a mobile phone.
6. No, we have n’t got one. Ans.No, we didn’t get one.
7. I have got a new car. Ans. I got a new car.
8. he has bought a new tie. Ans.he bought a new tie.
9. I got just home . Ans. I get just house.
10. I already ate. Ans. I already eat.
SPECIAL ENGLISH WORK BOOK 12